Wondering whether to opt for a fine arts degree or not? Or have you just completed your degree in fine arts and are worried about what should be your next step? Worry not. We have it all covered for you. People often underestimate the fine arts degree. But the truth is, you can learn tremendously unique skills in a fine arts degree which are not taught in any other degree. Moreover, a fine arts degree widens the choices of career options.
A fine art graduate has bright options ahead for the future career path. The study of fine arts requires a great deal of critical thinking, research, resourcefulness as well as contextualization. That is how the degree prepares the individual for a variety of career prospects.
This resource article will give you a peek into the various career options that you can choose from after a graduate degree in Fine Arts.
If clothes speak for you, and you have the talent to express emotions and feelings through clothes, then fashion designing is the career for you. A degree in fine arts teaches the concepts of the fashion industry, the ongoing trends of the industry and also the various theories of color and texture. The world of fashion has a lot of options to choose from. The fashion designer is not the only option. For instance, you can be a fashion stylist as well.
Have a look at these articles to get a detailed picture of career scope in the fashion industry.
- Plum | Be Good – PLUM
- Glossypolish | A Beauty and Lifestyle Website – Sone Kanwar
- The Born 2 Flaunt | The Me in You – BORN 2 FLAUNT
- Style Virgo | Anchal Mehra – STYLE VIRGO
- Glamorouschic | Kashvi Chauhan – GLAMOROUSCHIC
- Shades of Moon | Mahek – SHADES OF MOON
- Shakshi Gupta Official – SHAKSHI GUPTA
- Make my Lemonade – LEMONADE
- Wendys | LookBook – WENDYS
- Accidental Icon | Offering urban, modern, intellectual aesthetic – ACCIDENTAL ICON
- Man Repeller – MAN REPELLER
- Queen Horsfall | Different Colors & Different Styles – QUEEN HORSFALL
- Not Jess Fashion | Jessica Wang – NOT JESS FASHION
Illustrators have various different types of options to choose from for their careers. You can be a fashion illustrator and also a medical illustrator. Fine art teaches various illustration techniques that are useful in the career line. Students build illustration portfolios in the course of their degree. When building portfolios, they learn the art of expressing and illustrating their ideas. You can either be a freelance illustrator or a permanent illustrator.
There are a lot of categories for illustrators to work under. You can check out these articles to know about the various kinds of illustrators and their scope in the current market.
- Illustration | Gail Armstrong
- ShannonAssociates | Iker Ayestaran
- Mendola Artists | Kirsten Ulve
- Made by Perrin | Lisa Perrin
- Debut Art | Leading Original Artists and Illustrative Designers
- Sue Todd Illustration
- Folio Illustration Agency | Michael Driver
- Central Illustration Agency | Ruby Taylor
- Milan Illustration | The Power of Creativity
- Artist Ique
- Matt Chinworth
- Fatinha Ramos
- Lars Madsen | Illustration Studio
- Rapp Art | James O ‘ Brien
- JSR | Digital Illustration
As mentioned above, making portfolios is a skill that students while pursuing a fine art degree. And photography is another such career that requires you to have a portfolio. The better the portfolio, the more the number of clients you can impress and work for. Fine arts also teaches you the various technical terms and gives knowledge about things related to photography.
Photography has a lot of options and categories to choose from as well. In today’s time, people need photographers for everything. So the scope of photography as a career is very bright. Here are a few articles to help you find all the details that you would need before you start a career in photography.
- Brendan Van Son | A travel photographer & YouTuber – BRENDAN VAN SON
- Ready to seriously improve photography | Contrastly
- Joy of Marketing | Photography Marketing Strategy – JOY OF MARKETING
- Joe Mcnally | Photography – JOE MCNALLY
- Zack Arias | Editorial Photographer – ZACK ARIAS
An interior design has the responsibility of making the interiors of a house beautiful, safe and functional as well. The requirements of knowledge and skills for an interior designer are vast since they are required to take responsibility for a lot of things.
Although to start a career as an interior designer you will need to have a degree in interior designing, you can learn a lot about the initial requirements with a fine arts degree as well. You can learn the skills of sketching and drawing as well as how to make presentations.
Before starting a career in Interior Designing, go through these articles and learn all the details related to the career path of an interior designer.
With a bachelor of fine arts in creative writing, students can opt for a career as a content writer, copywriter, technical writer or a freelance writer. Writers are needed in almost every industry, from public relations agencies to publishing houses. Therefore, a career as a writer is a bright option and you can work what you are passionate about.
Content is required in every business to communicate with the customers. And there are various genres that you can choose from for your career as a writer. With the following resources, you can gain thorough information about your career as a writer.
- 20 Tips to Become a Better Blog Writer
- 10 things you can do as a Content Writer
- Faith | An E-commerce Service | Blog Content Writing Services
- How much do Content Writers Charge
- The Content Factory
- Redefine SEO | Blog Writing Services
- Tips and Tools to Write a good Blog Post
- How to Write Content for a Blog
- Creative Live Blog
- Copify Blog | Become a Freelance Writer
Skills Acquired In A Fine Arts Degree
There are a great number of skills that one can gain with a degree in Fine Arts. You can gain subject specialist skills like problem-solving, interpersonal skills, research, and many more. The degree of fine arts is not confined to just a few theoretical topics to study about.
Therefore, the scope of learning is very wide and the spectrum of skills learned is very vast. Read through the resources below to know the advantages of a degree in fine arts.
Interview Questions For Arts Related Field
The interview questions asked in the job interviews of artistic jobs are very creative and unique. Therefore, it is not an easy task to crack these questions and find the perfect answers. And the art of answering interview questions is also very intrinsic. It requires you to understand the question thoroughly and know what the interviewer wants to hear in response.
Here are the articles that have covered the most frequently asked interview questions for the jobs related to the arts field.
- Live Career | Get Hired Faster – LIVE CAREER
- Holly Van Hart
- University of Idaho
- Learn how to become | Find your Career | Find your Future
- Thought Co | Life-Long Learning
- Tate | Enjoy Art Wherever You Are– TATE
The Wide Spectrum Of Career Options
The list of career options that have been enlisted in this article are just a few of the many options available to opt for as a career after fine arts. Since the skills that you learn and the knowledge that you gain with a degree in fine arts are so vast, the options to choose from are also many. It prepares you for a wide range of occupations, builds the character of the student to face the outer competitive world.
There are endless career options to choose from after a degree in Fine Arts. You can read through the various career options in the articles listed below.