Who does not want their company to gain commendable achievements? Have you ever wondered what is the main element in every success story? Its the teamwork skills that help you stand out among others at any phase of your life.
An individual’s brain is capable of things unimaginable. But if support and guidance from other people are added, wonders can be achieved. When a group of individuals comes together to think and work on a common goal, it is a team. And as it is said, “There is no I in a team.” Compatibility among the team members opens the doors of teamwork.
If you work towards achieving a target with a collective effort, success is definitely yours. The backbone of every team is the endeavors that are put in together as teamwork. When you are a part of a team, it is not the individual performance that matters. It is the efforts of the team as a whole that matters. Only when people work together can maximum outputs be achieved.
“The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team.” –Phil Jackson
Importance Of Teamwork
Opportunity To Learn:
The skillset of every individual is unique. However, when people work as one unit, there is a great scope for learning. It is a great experience when you get to learn from people that you work with. You learn some, you teach some. Therefore, in teamwork the skills of employees are polished. This is also beneficial for the company as a whole. “The best teamwork comes from men who are working independently toward one goal in unison.” –James Cash Penney
Better Work Relationships:
When colleagues work together in a team, effective work relations are built. Work relations do not mean that you have to be friends and talk about the events of your life. Instead, it means that you have an understanding and trust between each other, and respect each other’s opinion. Working in a team opens the gates for building better relations and filling communication gaps among employees. Apart from this, teamwork tastes the leadership skills of a person leading the team.
Better Work Pace:
It is but obvious that an individual will take longer to work on a project as compared to a team working on the same. The only criteria are that there should be work in a group. It is not necessary that if there is a team, there is teamwork. Work can be finished timely only when the team works together collectively and the output is boosted.
“To me, teamwork is the beauty of our sport, where you have five acting as one. You become selfless.” —Mike Krzyzewski
Profit is the utmost goal of every organization. And to make profits, every company wants its employees to meet the targets. When there is teamwork, the pressure is not just on one individual. Because of that, efforts come in from all sides. There are a lot of ideas and solutions since each team member has something unique to offer.
Tips For Better Teamwork
- Have transparency. There should be healthy communication between team members so that everyone is on the same page while planning and working. There should be no room for confusion and misunderstanding.
- Have a friendly environment while you are working as a team. There should be no criticism or negativity of any sort. If a misunderstanding arrives, handle the situation politely.
- Do not take any decisions as an individual. Discuss with the team before any final decision is taken.
- Be adjusting. Do not find faults in your colleagues unnecessarily. If there is a difference in opinion, try to find an alternative that is best suited for the team.
- Be encouraging. There should be a timely evaluation of every team member’s performance. This way, all other members of the team will be motivated to give their best.
- Have clarity about the goals that are to be achieved. That way, every team member is clear about the efforts that are expected out of them.
- Improve continuously.
You can be good alone. But you can be the best when you work in a team. Remember, “None of us is as smart as all of us” –Ken Blanchard.