To be considered for a job, your resume is the first thing that comes in contact with the recruiter. It speaks for you before anything else. All those who aspire to work as teachers must know the right resume format for teacher job before applying. Since, resume resonates with your personality and introduces you, before you can be physically present yourself.
People generally dread the interview. But they forget that to reach to the interview round, they need to first get selected. And that is decided by your resume. Not all resumes have the same content and points that the recruiter wants to see.
Each job profile has different specifications that need to be taken care of while writing the resume. The recruiter or hiring manager is an expert in scanning the resume and analyzing whether a resume has the necessary requirements that are needed for the job profile or not. That is why, before applying for a job as a teacher, you should know all the details of a resume format for teacher job.
Here are some points that you should remember for resume format for teacher job in school. These bullet points are useful if you are applying for a preschool teacher, high school teacher or middle school teacher.
The points are as follows:
- The applicant needs to have at least a graduation degree in the subject that they are applying for.
- A minimum graduation degree in education is also a must.
- Applicants with brilliant academic records are given preference.
- Above all, you should have a good knowledge of the various aids and skills intended for education.
- Effective interpersonal skills and soft skills are needed in the profession of teaching. Only then can you effectively communicate with students. Include these details in the skills section.
- Be confident about yourself and your knowledge as well as skills. The profession of a teacher can be very challenging at times. Specify in your resume about all the leadership activities that you were a part of.
- You will be preferred in the process selection if you have a post graduate degree in the subject you are applying as a teacher for. For instance, if you are applying for the profile of English teacher, you will be preferred if you have a Masters in English.
- Mention the work experience along with your work history, if you have any.
The Importance Of Teaching Job:
Before we go into the details of a resume format for teacher job in school, there are a few things to keep in mind. To be a teacher, you should have the passion to share your knowledge with the students around. You should be able to excite the students and inculcate interest in them to learn more.
The profession of teaching has a very good scope in the private as well as the public sector. But you need to have a detailed and thorough training before you can be an expert in the field of teaching. Your resume should exhibit your passion for the same. Therefore, it should be your top priority to have the correct resume format for the teacher job.
Essentials Of A Resume Format For Teacher Job:
- Always have a customized resume based on the needs of the job.
- Have a short as well as to-the-point resume, preferably one page.
- Make your accomplishments the highlight of the resume.
- Include all the teaching certificates you have. This is applicable if you are not a fresher.
- Share the resume in PDF format.
- Keep the formatting of the resume organized and easily readable.
- Above all, make sure to keep the resume free of any grammatical or spelling errors.
Tips For Resume Format For Teacher Job In India:
Include A Descriptive Professional Experience:
In your resume format for a teacher job, while writing your professional experience, keep in mind about the needs of the job opening that you are applying for. List your professional experience in such a way that it is relevant to the job that you are applying for. Enlist all the skills, abilities and knowledge that you have gained from all the past experiences.
1- Have assisted students who needed more guidance in comparison to others. Consequently, it leads to an increase of 20% in the average score of the class tests.
2- Kept a record of the graph of students’ results and evaluated them. Made efficient plans with the other staff members for the progress of students.
3- Held training sessions for fresher teachers regarding classroom control and other beneficial teaching aspects.
Specify Your Additional Skills:
There has been an effective increase in the use of technology in the field of education. Hence, educational institutions prefer applicants that know technology or any other teacher skills.
1- Be aware of the working of Microsoft Office Tools and mention it in your resume.
2- Mention your knowledge of Classroom software’s that you can work on if any.
3- State your Research Skills, if any.
4- Give details about the unique lesson plans, if you have any.
While starting your resume format for teacher job in school, keep in mind to not be vague. Understandably, you might be qualified to teach any grade in the school. But it is always better to specify a range of grade levels you want to apply for. Your teaching experience also specifies what grade range you would be comfortable with.
Resume Format For Teacher Job (Experienced)
Email Id: [email protected]
Career Objective or Resume Objective
Seeking the position of a Mathematics Teacher in an institution wherein I can fulfill my passion for sharing knowledge with the students. Consequently, want to be able to utilize my skill set and help the students progress. Career objective for resume forms the important aspect of resume headlines.
- Teaching mathematics for the last 8 years.
- Currently working as a mathematics teacher at ABC Girls’ School.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Vast and intense knowledge of Mathematics.
- Skilled in making use of varied course books and extra study material for giving students a thorough idea of the kind of questions in mathematics.
- Ability to teach new mathematics topics creatively, instead of in a cliched way.
- Strong verbal skills to make communication effective while teaching in class.
- Bent towards making the students passionate about the subject.
- Gold medalist (Masters).
- Received the award of ‘Best Teacher’ at XXX Girl’s School.
- Worked as a Mathematics Teacher at XXX International School from 2011-2017.
- Working as a Mathematics Teacher at ABC Girl’s School from 2017-present.
- 2009-2011- Bachelor of Education from XXXX Institute (First Division)
- 2007-2009- Masters in Mathematics, XXX University (59%)
- 2004-2007- B.Sc in Mathematics, XXX University (76%)
- 2004- Senior Secondary Certificate Examination, QAZ School (85%)
- 2002- Secondary School Examination, QAZ School (82%)
Address: 43/190, Shanti Nagar, New Delhi- 110099
Date Of Birth: 5th September, 19xx
Languages Known: Hindi and English
Resume Format For Teacher Job Fresher
Email: [email protected]
Keen on contributing to the field of education. Looking forward to sharing all my knowledge and teaching skills. So that it can, in conclusion, help establish a relationship with the students and give them a clear understanding of English as a subject. Seeking a teaching position of Pre-Primary Teacher.
- Ability to work with children of varied aptitudes.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to plan methodically and hence create a more understanding and interesting way of teaching for the students.
- Can deal effectively with children from the age of 5 to 10 years patiently.
- Good research skills.
- Ability to interact with students efficiently, hence making them comfortable in the school premises.
- Skilled and aware of various technological tools to make the process of teaching interesting.
- Ability to keep motivating children, to help them progress.
- Member of the organizing team of MNCX sponsored a two-day national seminar on the topic ‘Contemporary English.’
- Member of the union of ABC College.
- Managed Inter-College Speech Competition as the head of the project at ABC College.
- An active member of the English Literary Society at ABC College.
- A contributor to planning and designing an ‘English Language Course’ at ABC College.
- Nursery Teacher’s Training from BRAINS INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office.
- 2017-2019- Masters in English from ABC College. (60%)
- 2014-2017- Bachelors in English from XXX College. (74%)
- 2014- Senior Secondary Certificate Examination, QAZ School (85%)
- 2012- Secondary School Examination, QAZ School (82%)
- Secured first position in inter-college debate competition at XXX College.
- Secured first position in college during Graduation.
- Silver Medalist in Masters.
Date of Birth: 30th October, 19xx
Languages Known: Hindi and English
Address: 3rd floor, Parivartan Apartments, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi.